Registration from 24 April to 6 July 2023
Admission of international students to programmes in English
Go to the Polish website to apply for programmes in Polish
Step 1: Register online by 6 July 2023, 9 a.m. CET
1. Create your account in the online registration system (IRK)
You will receive all messages related to the admission process into your IRK account. You should also use it to communicate with us and ask any questions you may have regarding the admission process.
Register to apply for Designing Reading Experience and Multimedia Narratives (Graphic Design & Multimedia)
Register to apply for Inclusive Design: Health and Social Well-Being (Design)
You can sign up for a free consultation session re. the entry exam.
4, 13, 20, and 27 of April,
5, 11, 18, 25, and 30 of May,
1, 13, and 15 of June,
from 15:00 to 17.00.
Sign up for the free consultation session at:
2. Upload the required documents:
– diploma of higher education (at least Bachelor's level - check your qualification) with diploma supplement/transcript of records – one pdf file, max 3 MB
– English certificate, at least B2 level (check the list of acceptable documents)
– passport or ID (max. 3 MB)
– passport photo (max. 3 MB)
3. Pay the PLN 150 application fee via the imoje online payment service by 6 July 2023, 9 a.m. CET.
The payment should show up in IRK within 5 minutes (or within 2 working days in case of a technical problem in the communication between the payment system and IRK).
Terms & Conditions apply.
Step 2: Interview schedule: 7 July 2023
Check your interview date & time in the online registration system.
Step 3: English language interview: 7 July 2023
If you do not have an English certificate, instead please submit a request for an interview to test your English skills. Upload the request into the registration system in place of the English certificate by 6 July 2023.
Use the model document below.
The interviews will be held on 7 July 2023.
NOTE: It is not possible to request an English interview after 6 July.
Step 4: Online interviews 10-12 July 2023
The interviews will be held on Google Meet. You will receive the videoconference link via IRK.
Make sure you have a stable Internet connection, and your camera and microphone are working properly. Prepare your ID.
During the interview you will be asked to share your screen to show your presentation.
Video and sound connection is required. You can use a computer or a mobile device. Please make sure your device is mounted securely and not hand-held. The dress code is casual/smart casual.
Check the interview requirements.
If your connection is broken up because of reasons beyond your control, you must contact us via the IRK system or by phone (+48 32 7587 818, +48 32 7587 816) within 30 minutes in order to arrange a new interview date. Failure to contact us means you withdraw from the admission process.
Admission results announced: 14 July 2023
Check your status in the online registration system from 15:00 p. m.
Pay the tuition fee to receive the acceptance letter
Pay the tuition fee for the first semester in the amount of PLN 11,500.00 as soon as possible. You can do it immediately after the admission results are announced on 14 July after 15:00 CET.
After you have paid the fee, the Academy will issue an official acceptance letter that has to be enclosed with your visa application (if applicable).
The payment deadline is 29 September 2023.
Sign & send scanned documents by 24 July 2023
Send the following scans (download 1-3 from your account in the registration system and sign them) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 July 2023.
1. declaration to undertake studies
2. application for admission
3. application for student card
4. your higher education diploma; the diploma must be translated into Polish or English and legalized or apostilled (except for documents issued in the EU, EEA, OECD countries).
Enrolment: submit original documents by 25 September 2023
After you are admitted and arrive in Katowice, submit the following original documents (uploaded previously) to the Dean's Office:
1. declaration to undertake studies, signed
2. application for admission, signed
3. application for student card, signed
4. your higher education diploma; the diploma must be translated into Polish or English and legalized or apostilled (except for documents issued in the EU, EEA, OECD countries), a copy for the Dean's Office and the original to present & compare.
The Dean's Office is open on Tuesdays and Fridays 10:00-14:00.
Before the classes begin, you must submit a doctor's certificate that your health does not prevent you from studying at the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Katowice.
The medical check must be done in a specific clinic in Katowice; please collect your referral to the doctor from the Faculty of Design office as soon as you arrive.